March 22, 2015
FAQ Helps Explain Section 2706
We’ve just added a thorough FAQ that explains the purpose and intention of Section 2706, its benefits for both providers and patients of integrative care, and why it has experienced difficulty being implemented in US states since it became active Jan. 1, 2014.
Sections of the FAQ include:
- Q 1: What exactly does Section 2706 do?
- Q 2: What is the discrimination?
- Q 3: But my acupuncture has been covered for a year or so. How does Section 2706 apply to this?
- Q 4: So how is 2706 new?
- Q 5: How does it work?
- Q 6. What type of health insurance plans does 2706 cover?
- Q 7. Is the insurance company required to include integrative providers in their plans?
- Q 8. Does that mean that every procedure will be covered?
- Q 9. What are insurer objections to covering these providers in the first place?
- Q 10. Will reimbursement for my massage therapy be the same as if I went to see a physical therapist?
- Q 11. Why hasn’t the law been complied with so far?
Click here for the complete FAQ.
Leave a Reply